From first time rider to experienced road biker, we’ve got the right bike for you!
Due to difficulties staffing this year and a high volume of customers, we are no longer able to make reservations for the remainder of this rental season.
We are still renting bicycles, but on a first-come, first-serve walk-in basis.
Please call us during operating hours with any questions. We will do our best to ensure that you have bikes.
Prices are below.
Bar Harbor Bicycle Rental Information
Due to supply chain issues stemming from the pandemic, we have a limited stock of rental bicycles and types this year.
For 2021, we are only able to provide our basic rental (a great hybrid for the Carriage Roads), and electric pedal-assist bikes. Our E-Bikes are Class 1 and thus permitted on the Carriage Roads.
*Reservations are for a full day only.
|Bicycles:||*Half Day||Full Day||Week|
|Basic Rental (Trek Verve)||$25||$30||$140|
|High Pro Mountain Bicycle||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Cross / Gravel Bike||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Carbon Road Bicycle||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Electric Bicycle (Specialized Como)||$60||$100||N/A|
|Tag-along w/ Rental||N/A||$18||$80|
|Tag-along without Rental||N/A||$20||$90|
|Child Trailer (on our bike)||N/A||$20||$90|
|Kids Bike 20” and 24”||$20||$25||$105|
|Car Rack – Hitch Mounted||N/A||$17||$50|
|Car Rack – Rear Mounted||N/A||$15||$40|
- Clip-less Pedals (Shimano SPD ONLY; all other pedal systems, bring your own) – $5 / day
- Helmet – Free with Rental, $5 without
- Gel Seat Covers – $3 each
- Handlebar Bag – $6 each
- Locks – Free with Rental
- Maps – Free
Rentals are not on a 24 hour system. We consider a Half Day to be any amount of time lasting for 4 hours or under, beginning when you leave the shop. Any amount of time after that becomes a Full Day. This lasts until close, and at open the next morning, a new rental day begins.
- Half Days are for walk-ins only, a reservation will be for a Full Day only
- Latest Possible Return Time is half hour before close
- Late / Overnight Fee (returned at opening next morning) $5
- All bikes must be checked in at front desk upon return
- Clipless pedals cannot be put on basic bike rentals
- Reservations are for a full day only