From first time rider to experienced road biker, we’ve got the right bike for you!
Bar Harbor Bicycle Rental Information
Due to supply chain issues stemming from the pandemic, we have a limited stock of rental bicycles and types this year.
For 2022, we are only able to provide our basic rental (a great hybrid for the Carriage Roads), kids bikes, and electric pedal-assist bikes. Our E-Bikes are Class 1 and thus permitted on the Carriage Roads.
*Reservations are for a full day only.
|Bicycles:||*Half Day||Full Day||Week|
|Basic Rental (Trek Verve)||$25||$30||$140|
|Electric Bicycle (Specialized Como)||$60||$100||N/A|
|Tag-along w/ Rental||N/A||$18||$80|
|Tag-along without Rental||N/A||$20||$90|
|Child Trailer (on our bike)||N/A||$20||$90|
|Kids Bike 20” and 24”||$20||$25||$105|
|Car Rack – Hitch Mounted||N/A||$17||$50|
|Car Rack – Trunk/Hatch Mounted||N/A||$15||$40|
- Car racks DO NOT work on all vehicles
- Clip-less Pedals (Shimano SPD ONLY; all other pedal systems, bring your own) – $5 / day
- Helmet – Free with Rental, $5 without
- Gel Seat Covers – $3 each
- Handlebar Bag – $6 each
- Locks – Free with Rental
- Maps – Free
Rentals are not on a 24 hour system. A Half Day is any amount of time lasting for 4 hours or less. Any amount of time over 4 hours becomes a Full Day. All daily rentals must be returned 1/2 hour before closing or they receive a $5 late charge.
- Half Days are for walk-ins only, a reservation will be for a Full Day only**
- Latest Possible Return Time is half hour before close
- Late / Overnight Fee (returned at opening next morning) $5
- All bikes must be checked in at front desk upon return
- All reservations begin at opening
- Reservation cancelations must be 24 hours before reservation date, otherwise no refunds. Poor weather on the day of the reservation is the only exception.
Reservations are for a full day only**
** E-bikes can be reserved for half day, beginning at opening